[9C Announcement] In Pursuit of Sustainable Protocol 👼
- This proposal outlines additional rules to ensure the sustainability and health of the Nine Chronicles’ protocol against abnormal activities.
- The proposal includes utilizing the Transfer Asset action to curb disruptive behavior and adding a fee for transferring NCG TransferAsset action.
- A small portion of AP will be required for shop-related actions during gameplay.
- Onboarding Portal’s Daily Rewards will be adjusted.
- These changes aim to deter actions that burden the network and maintain a healthier network state by adding costs to all actions.
This proposal and improvement plan has been posted on the
Nine Chronicles Forum as well.
[ Abstract ]
This proposal includes suggestions and plans for additional rules to ensure the sustainability and health of the Nine Chronicles’ protocol against abnormal activities, such as having an advantage in Nine Chronicles by owning multiple accounts in areas where the mainnet has unfortunately been unable to respond due to its openness.
Of the methods we are proposing, one involves utilizing the Transfer Asset action to curb those who, with or without intention, disrupt the Nine Chronicles’ tokenomics with abnormal activities. Another method includes the first stage of proposing solutions to the needless accumulation of undesirable Transactions due to the lack of a default fee for Transactions on the mainnet.
[ Motivation ]
There are various types of abnormal account behaviors in Nine Chronicles.
- Accounts that repeatedly register and cancel large quantities of items in the shop and prevent other users’ transactions from executing normally by sending a large number of transactions in a short time (especially during recent arena seasons).
- Accounts that generate profits by employing multiple sub-accounts to take advantage of the crystal grinding bonus rate of the NCG staking, Monster Collection. Then, funneling their profits back into specific accounts.
These various patterns negatively impact the network or token economics system, as these transactions are by-products exploiting non-existent transaction fees and openness of actions. Therefore, after repeated requests from the community and internal deliberation, we have decided to propose and implement additional rules to ensure the protocol’s sustainability.
[ Rational ]
This proposal is not intended to be a document aimed at special voting but is intended to be a document written to inform users of the reasons for our actions, the actions which will take place, and our ongoing efforts.
[ Action ]
Change in TransferAsset Action
- Conditions for ‘Crystal Transfer’ via ‘TransferAsset’ action to be added (scheduled for update v100370)
- Crystal transfer will only be possible from designated addresses.
- The designated address will only be able to process transactions agreed upon with the community.
- Additional fee to be added for transferring NCG TransferAsset action (scheduled for update v100380)
- Regardless of the amount being transferred, 0.5 NCG will be deducted as a fee for the TransferAsset action (transfers of 0.5 NCG or more will be processed).
- This fee is expected to serve as a means of deterring and tracking down abnormal account behaviors, which involve withdrawing small amounts of funds in bulk.
AP Cost to be added for Shop-related actions during gameplay (scheduled for update v100380)
- Registering, cancelation, and batch re-registering from the shop will cost a small portion of AP(Action Points)
- This cost is intended to deter actions that burden the network and maintain a healthier network state by adding costs to all actions.
- However, the design for optimizing user actions that do not consider costs, such as batch re-registration and individual cancellation, will be continuously updated to prevent inconvenience to players due to increased costs.
Adjustment of various reward sizes in the Onboarding Portal (scheduled for next month)
- Among various rewards in the Onboarding Portal, daily rewards will be changed in terms of eligibility and reward amount. All rewards from the Onboarding Portal are subject to changes without prior notice.
- We will continuously monitor abnormal patterns and adjust the Onboarding Portal access rights and revenue sharing for those accounts in order to provide the best rewards to players.